There is a worthwhile approach linking the game of Go to questions of national security and international relations in a course at Penn State called "Using Serious Games to Promote Strategic Thinking and Analysis". 

I'd consider using Go in this way as well, if I had anything but the most rudimentary approach to it.  I used to like to watch the old timers play down by the stream side in our neighborhood in Seoul. A bunch of people would gather around these games.  I could follow some individual moves but definitely have no operative sense of strategic flow in the game.

What I really need in terms of strategic training is an afternoon or full day sitting in Seoul streamside, playing Go with the old timers.  There must be a grant application in this concept...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES