Sic semper tyrannis

My student whom I mentioned the other day as having the Confederate flag on his truck corrected me, so I told him I would run his clarification since I had misunderstood him:

"Correction: I do not consider the Confederate Battle Flag as my National Flag. The Confederate Battle Flag was not a national flag, it was a flag used to identify individual military units on the battlefield. Please correct me if I am wrong. What I do consider my National Flag is the Third National Flag. This is the one with a white field and a red stripe down the side with the Battle Flag in the top corner. I do not have a Battle Flag on my truck. I do have a sticker of a Third National Flag, one of the Bonnie Blue Flag and finally, a sticker of a Virginia State Flag. I feel that these three flags indicate where my loyalties lie."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES