This is the week of our old time concerts so I am getting very excited about the experience. It is also the first week of the semester, so I am going to be amazingly busy. I may not have time to post here at Nunal, but will when the dust settles.

There seems to be a little confusion in some quarters over at Sogang about what exactly old time music is. Here is the poster for the event, with Korean text except for the words banjo, fiddle, guitar and square dance.



But the illustration included has a rather loose definition of old time music. Note the harpsichord, lute, flute, and cello, and the frilly dresses:



Someone stopped by my office and said " do you play madgrigal music?" I had no idea what he meant but now it makes sense. I thought this was hilarious. Somebody got confused between "old time" and "early music" I suppose.

In order to follow through with truth in advertising, I guess I had better wear one of these collared outfits and floppy hats...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES