There is a debilitating stomach virus going around, which forced not just the cancellation of a meeting today but more important has knocked Skye out of commission.

So, it fell to me to take the agi to get yet more immunization shots today. We had fun walking around in the frigid morning, it was like being back in the Midwest...

Lark was of course a big hit in the hospital, even though there were roughly a million other ridiculously cute little babies around. It was the usual, cell phone camera pictures, cheek pinching, much clucking. I guess it was something of a novelty to have me there with her, there were not a whole lot of men with babies in the waiting areas.

Some things are still pretty, um, traditional, even in this incredibly beautiful modern hospital. The doctor said to me that I am a good father. I said "yes, but I don't have to wake up all night to feed her," to which he replied: 'Well, that's not your job. That's a woman's job."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES