It turns out the supermarket we frequent, Sahruga, with the slogan "Quality and Belief", has its own savings card. They also have a webpage and three other cards that we haven't figured out the purpose of in addition to the savings card: the "Want You" card, the "Fresh Weekend" card, and the "Bonus Buy" card. These are named in English, but the information is all in Korean.

I was dismayed to find out that they had a saving card since I hate those things and refuse to use them in the U.S. I tend to avoid things that track my behavior if at all possible (a hopeless task).

I am really astonished to see how much a company like Kroger values gathering information on its customers. They crank prices so high as to make shoppping without a card cost prohibitive and even stupid. I just don't go to Kroger. But people blithely swipe their card and allow their purchases to be tracked.

But Sahruga brings the card application to a whole new level. They ask not just for name, phone, and address but also birthday, gender, marriage status, anniversary date, kind of dwelling you inhabit, favorite food, and ethnic group.

And still they want to know more, including:

Job: with the choices "undertaking, office worker, public servant, housewife, etc." I am guessing that "undertaking" might mean something else, I will have to have someone check the hangul.

There is one category that is only in Korean, I will find out what it is.

For religion, you can ecumenically choose: "Christian, Catholicism, Buddhism, Islam," or "etc."

Turns out I am etc., straight down the line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES