With all of my grades posted, the semester is over and it has been a good one.

This semester I taught two classes for the first time and really enjoyed them. The first, "Asians in America," was a great success mostly because the class was so committed to the topic and to doing the reading, which was not light. I will definitely offer this one again in the future.

The other new course was "Music and Sound in American History," which also worked well I believe. The switch from music studies to sound studies was not without its difficulties, particularly in taking the class through the theoretical literature, but it was utlimately a worthwhile and highly effective experience.  I definitely will teach again.

If you are interested in seeing how the classes were structured, check out my courses' webpage.

Meanwhile, I have a break for a couple of weeks, so I can get all manner of projects completed, which means a lot of writing and also a lot of time on the bajo sexto, ideally.

For your end of the semester pleasure, a couple of videos

TrĂ­o Guardianes de la Huasteca


Trio Tamazunchale



and this one, which I was interested to happen across enitrely by accident.. The guy playing the huapanguera with the Beatles and Stones stickers who starts singing at the 2 minute mark lives in Austin, He is the organizer of the Huapango festival there. He also appeared at the Fesitval of Texas Fiddling last week, singing along with Los Trineros.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES