A couple of things I have written are now up online.

One is an article on handmade strings, which was the cover story in the new Old Time Herald magazine. That was an interesting story to write, not least in learning how gut strings are made. Speaking of upright basses as we just were, I'll quote the maker of gut bass strings I spoke to: "a lot of animals have to die to make a set of bass strings." I use steel.

The other piece is about the legality of Newt's screwy plan for a moon colony, on the History News Network. I was told this piece was "bizarre" but it seemed pretty straightforward to me. At least as straightforward as a lunar colony.

[As I wrote this last sentence I just heard five gunshots. I love Norfolk. But why fix the problems here when we can colonize the moon?]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES