I wrote a short piece about looking at extradition as a foreign policy which is up on the History News Network, go take look.

I was inspired to write it after reading about Viktor Bout, the Russian arms dealer. The US originally sought to extraterritorially abduct him and send him to a compliant state, but in the end has traded weapons for him to be extradited from Thailand. I've been meaning to write something since the Roman Polanski bru-ha-ha this summer but haven't had a chance. This recent case finally spurred me on.

It happened that I also was just thinking about Roman Polanski because I just watched the Ghost Writer, which has an interesting arc, is well acted, and worth seeing. Especially as Tony Blair's memoirs are being heavily promoted in 'news' stories in the media this past week or so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES