At long last we all met up this weekend so I wouldn't have to endure more time without seeing the Lil Buddha while I am out here. She was looking particularly cute this weekend. And strikingly fashionable to boot.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Popular posts from this blog
These pictures of bicycle graveyards in China are crazy and absolutely mind boggling
Americans don't get riled up to protest. Give away billions in taxpayer money to financial fatcats with no accountability--no worries. Refuse to punish war criminal torturers--no problem. The battle cry is...moo. Koreans, on the other hand, live in a vibrant democracy and their political action is a bit more direct. Here is a striking photo of union protesters in Daejeon using sharpened bamboo spears to attack riot police. (an article about the current state of rioting in Korea, quoting a Sogang professor, is here )
I know this is semi-old hat for the computer literate, but it utterly blows my mind that google maps has the street level feature of looking 360 degrees in front of almost any address. How in the hell does this work? I can't figure it out unless satellites can provide that sort of lateral view. It has been a while since I wasted time on google earth and the level of detail really has hopped up. It used to be that you could just see a satellite image with some detail (I could tell it was my old Ranger parked in the driveway, for example). But the street view is amazing. This is not me being easily impressed, it is really hard to fathom. Here is the street scene in front of Lerma's Nite Club , the classic conjunto club in San Antonio. If you don't know what I am talking about try plugging your address in. Here is the street view of my house . It was taken sometime last summer since my renter's car is in the driveway. You can also see my both of my neighbor'...
Comments