Things for which there should be German words

I haven't posted in almost a month because I have been basically traveling nonstop since the semester ended and haven't really had time to sit down with Nunal. Cataloging my travels can't possibly be of interest, but having spent 10 days in South Texas I can confirm that this remains a bright spot on my personal map. A few days in Florida confirms the opposite. I also spent some time in the superb libraries at the University of Texas at Austin, so the Yin of conjunto music and barbacoa tacos in San Antonio was balanced with the Yang of the Benson Latin American Collection library.

I left town with a feeling that was extremely hard to capture--that powerful sense of anticipation and relief (cresting as the semester came to a close) that I have an upcoming sabbatical that begins the instant the semester ends. I was thinking there likely is a 21-letter German word that captures this ineffable feeling--if you know what it is, let me know.

I am told there is already a English word for the feeling of returning from a sabbatical...

(As long as I am on the subject of things for which there should be long German words, it occurred to me in the Orlando airport that there should be a word describing the feeling of being stuck in that particular airport surrounded by double XL Americans waddling around).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES