Back in the USA and it definitely is striking how you can leave for a year and return with nary a ripple felt.

It didn't seem that way across the Pacific, but then again part of that feeling of timelessness may be staying a few days at my folks' house, where time itself comes to a grinding standstill...

But I did, as intended, get some good barbarcoa tacos in Pilsen (the Mexican heart of Chicago) and tonight will catch a Cajun band up from Louisiana playing in Grant Park.

In the a.m. I am off to drive to Virginia (16+ hour drive, for those of you thinking in Korea distances, this would be like driving in laps around Korea for a couple of days).

I just got an email from someone in Seoul who read a piece I wrote for the Korea Times about learning the kayagum. I didn't even know it had been run, though it was over a week ago, and I am am happy to see it was published. You can read it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES