There is a two story Pizza Hut in our neighborhood. A sushi restaurant fills the top floors.



Pizza Huts are actually all over the city (as are so many U.S. fast food places). I haven't been to one but apparently they have Korean style corn pizza. I don't eat at Pizza Hut in the states and, believe it or not, the "corn" in Korean corn pizza has yet to entice me.


The pizza I have had here was an abomination to the pizza gods, as I think Nunal may have made note of (at a place called "Chicago Pizza", though the soggy thin crust bulgolgi pizza was not really Chicago style, let's say). Of course, Korean food is good enough that I don't mind waiting until I return home to eat what I would argue is among the best pizza there is, at Mary Angela's in Richmond (even if their website is lame). (And yes, I have had plenty of pizza in NYC with which to compare it.)

But this specific Yeonhuidong Pizza Hut is special. It has this prominent brass plaque noting that it has the Seoul Best Toilet, I guess in August 2000:



No word where the Best Toilet is today. I haven't seen anymore of these plaques around the city, and I have looked.

I was pretty proud that our neighborhood had this landmark. I finally got around to checking it out.

The best toilet is on the second floor, accessible only via a set of stairs, which would cut into its superlative characters if you couldn't take the stairs. There is another little step just to get into the room, as if to reinforce the inaccessibility of it.

The Best Toilet is surprisingly small, with one urinal and one stall.



In general, underwhelming. I have seen far superior toilets in most subway stations here, cleaner too.

Final note: I was fearful that in bringing a camera into the bathroom I would be mistaken for a Republican Senator, but fortunately no one was on the second floor of Pizza Hut on this day and I esecaped without mishap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES