Apparently, as a student told me today as she turned in her final, some of the students here have nicknamed me "Dracula."

Not because I suck blood (I asked) or because I am inherently nocturnal (true but apparently unknown and irrelevant) but even more strangely because, as my student said, "you are white" and because "you know so much about history."

That last one got me until the student explained that vampires know a lot about history because they are eternal...or something like that. I guess logic is not the key here.

The real issue is that the nickname they gave me is "Dracula," which is not a very cool nickname. What about Nosferatu?



Makes me almost nostalgic for the days when I started as a fresh-faced newly minted prof and they called me "Dr. Yummy." Almost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES