About the only two things (besides family) I am going to miss not living in the United States for a year are eating Mexican food and playing old time music.

I am still holding out to see if there is Mexican food in Seoul, it is certainly possible. But trading a year of good Korean food for Mexican food seems like a good trade.

I haven't tracked down any old time musicians in Korea, but have exchanged emails with Japanese old time musicians. I hope to get over there to play some music as well as tour the country.

As you might expect, there is a lively and very talented old time scene in Japan. Once I played with a banjo player from there at the Clifftop festival in West Virginia and he was quite a great player.

Here are some Japanese old time music web sites sent to me by my contact there. I will certainly post as I find new musicians in Korea.

K-bayashi's Old-Time Music Page

The House of Fiddler

Uncle Gryphon's Old Time Music Cabin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAOS WASHING MACHINES